Covering the fundamentals of how to be an effective manager, this qualification is ideal for team leaders, supervisors and managers who want to gain a recognised qualification in Management.
What is it about?
To gain the Level 3 qualification, the student will need to complete a written assignment relating to the topics in the workshops.
All assessments can be submitted electronically.
A range of learning resources and support will be available online in addition to the face-to-face learning provided in the workshops.
The diploma is delivered over five months. The recommended delivery is a two hour session over 20 weeks. In addition, one to one tutorials are included to discuss individual assignment submissions. The units covered are:
- Personal Development as a First Line Manager
- Being a Leader
- Resource Planning
- Promoting Equality and Diversity
- Identifying Development Opportunities
- Managing and Communicating Information
How will the organisation benefit?
- Demonstrable investment in staff development will improve morale and staff retention
- Qualified managers will drive improved performance
- Understanding of best-practice management will improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Access to additional resources will allow knowledge to be championed and spread through the organisation
- Membership of a professional body provides valuable networking and external contact opportunities
What will the employee get out of it?
- A recognised management qualification from the Chartered Management Institute CMI)
- Student membership of the CMI for one year
- Access to a wide range of online resources, news and research to assist the employee in consolidating their learning
- Subscription to Professional Manager magazine, published six times a year
- Discount rates on member events and conventions for information and networking
- Access to the CMI library of management publications
Please contact me to discuss course fees.